Sunday, October 31, 2010

BOO! Did I Scare You?

Yes, it is Halloween again and the kids just set off on their adventure with Daddy.  I haven't had one trick or treater yet so I thought I would work on this before they all arrive.  Olivia decided that she really wanted to wear her Snow White dress that she got for Christmas last year.  We bought her a red pair of shoes and a red headband with a flower since a bow was no where to be found--it was close enough.  Jake decided that he wanted to be a vampire so he could 'continue the family tradition' which means that he really believes that Papa's family was vampires from Transylvania. He wanted fake teeth and blood--his two requirements.  It was harder than we thought to find that costume but we ended up with a pretty good one and even found a kit with wig, teeth and blood--the wig was a bonus.  Unfortunately, the teeth which were 'glue in' type I-teeth wouldn't stay glued in-a little disappointment there.  The wig though made the outfit I thought. 

We also had fun carving pumpkins today.  Olivia wanted a cat which turned out pretty cute.  Jake's bat on the other hand sort of fell apart.  He handled it well though and we had fun just carving them and getting dirty--well Chris and I did.  Neither of the kids like touching the guts of the pumpkin and give up in about 20 minutes or so.  Oh well, it's the memories I guess.

And lastly, the Halloween boxes.  Nana and Papa bought these boxes for the kids--Jake got his when he will little and Olivia got hers a year or two ago.  They LOVE these boxes because when you lift the lids, there is a spooky voice that talks. Anyway, we called Nana today and left her a message that it must be Halloween--and then we played the voices inside!  I knew she would like it!
He must be scared that there is no candy in it yet! :)  Happy Halloween!

No comments: